End Our Cladding Scandal Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 09/02/2021 (Version 1.0)
1. Who are we?
1. We are End Our Cladding Scandal, a group of individual volunteers. We own and operate this website/app. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback about this Privacy Notice.
2. What’s the point of this Privacy Notice?
- This Privacy Notice tells you how we deal with your “personal data” (i.e. technical term for information about any identified or identifiable living person). Please read on to find out what kinds of personal data we collect, how we use and protect it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and how you can access and rectify it.
- Please do not use our website or apps unless you are completely happy with this Privacy Notice.
3. Might the Privacy Notice change?
- It may well do. Whenever we have updated our Privacy Notice, we will alert you via a pop-up on the site. Please take that opportunity to re-read it. We will assume you agree to the revised Privacy Notice if you use the website or apps after the effective date shown at the top of the Privacy Notice.
4. What personal or other data do we collect?
- We collect and store the information which you give us via forms on our website – such as your name, email address, phone number (“contact data”) – or when communicating with us by email, or in some other way.
- Under GDPR, we will use the lawful basis of “consent” or “legitimate interest” to process your data. If you would like further information, please contact us using the details within this privacy notice.
5. How do we use your personal data?
- We may use your data to get in touch with you as necessary to provide updates on the End Our Cladding Scandal campaign.
- We retain your data during a period of 12 months. We do that in order to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and conditions, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations and take other actions as permitted by law.
6. How do we protect personal data?
- We take appropriate precautions to protect personal data. We will make every effort to look after your data and treat it with the respect it deserves.
- Your data will not be transferred, stored and/or processed outside the EEA. Please contact us if you would like details of the appropriate safeguards.
7. To whom do we disclose personal data?
- We will allow access to your personal data by members of the End Our Cladding Scandal team who have access to the email accounts used in the contact form.
- We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if there has been a complaint about content posted by you, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
8. How to access and control your information?
- You have the right to request a copy of your information, to rectify your information, and to request the deletion of your information. Below, we describe the processes for making these requests. To make a request, contact email@example.com
- If you wish to unsubscribe from marketing emails, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to contact us about anything to do with your data, please contact us at email@example.com
- For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, see the website of the UK Information Commissioner.
- You can report any concern to the ICO by clicking here